60 replies to this topic

#1 ralph vickers

ralph vickers

Premium Member

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Welcome to the new ICE BOWL page.

I will post news and stuff here and help your guys get ready for the Ice Bowl. The Ice Bowl benefits Second Harvest Food Bank (a tax deductable organization.)

First, Tom and I laid out the 6 extra holes for the tournament on Sunday. They will be fun and a little challenging, but easily learned. We will post a map soon.

The Ice Bowl on Sat Feb 23 sponsored by The Pizza Peel is divisional singles. Those divisions will be Open, Advanced, Intermediate, Masters, and Women. The cost is $25 and includes a Pizza Peel disc and an Ice Bowl mini for registration. We will have ctps on all holes and will award 1-2-3 place in all divisions. We will also sell up to 24 mulligans for the first round for $1 apiece. We are also working the details for a players party (either meeting somewhere or staying in the park.) If you know a business in that area, and have a contact name and number, let me know and I will call em up. They need to be able to accomodate 50 plus on a Saturday eve and have reasonably priced food and beer.

The Ice Bowl Doubles Pro/Am, Am/Am tournament is Sunday Feb 24 . This is a bring your own partner doubles with a twist. We have 2 divisions, Pro/Am, or Am/Am. Open or pro player picks up an am player or 2 am players can play together. Cost is $20 per team or $10 each. The format is 1st round captains choice and the second round is alternating shot. This is lots of fun, and quite enjoyable to watch. 1-2-3 place will be paid out in each division. Both days are 2 rounds of play starting with a players meeting at 9:30 am. Call 704-488-8108, or email discgolfrocks@aol.com for questions. Or post em here. You do not have to sign up for both days, but why wouldn't you !!!!!!

The players pak this year is $75 and will include the usual stuff. If you have played in multiple events already, tally up where you are at and then find a donor to fund the rest of your fun and get a cool pak in the process. The charities we work with are all tax deductable.

Thanks

Ralph Vickers

TD Charlotte Ice Bowl

ralph

#2 ralph vickers

ralph vickers

Premium Member

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

I have secured Infinitys End as a sponsor for this years Ice Bowl Doubles. Go in to Infinitys End, buy some stuff and thank them for being a sponsor of this years event and their past support of this tournament.   Ralph

ralph

#3 ralph vickers

ralph vickers

Premium Member

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

We will have the after party at The Grid Iron Restaurant and bar . It is located close to the course just off Steele Creek and South Tryon. They are putting together a menu for us and have a nice room for awards and a great outside area for a putting contest. More news as I get the menu from them. Remember this is where all awards and CTPs will be given out and the club bag tags handed out . You must be present to get your tag based on your finish at the Ice Bowl...otherwise its whatever is left over . Wives, girlfreinds ,Husbands and Boyfreinds are welcome as well. Any Questions feel free to ask. 704-488-8108  or discgolfrocks@aol.com

The Randazzo's Grid Iron

ralph

#4 Kramer

Kramer

Earthbound Misfit

• Root Admin
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Map of the Temp Holes for The Ice Bowl at Winget Park

Attached Files

After hearing two eyewitness accounts of the same accident, you begin to wonder about history.

#5 Kramer

Kramer

Earthbound Misfit

• Root Admin
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Ice_Bowl2013.jpg

The Randazzo's Grid Iron

After hearing two eyewitness accounts of the same accident, you begin to wonder about history.

#6 ralph vickers

ralph vickers

Premium Member

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Getting some good stuff for the CTPs. I always enjoy putting those together for you nice folks.   Ralph

ralph

#7 bhadella

bhadella

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

I've new to the Ice Bowl.  Could you elaborate on what's in the players pak? Gracias!

#8 Beas

Beas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Things that make you say "Hum?"

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Pizza Peel Disc and Ice Bowl mini.

Only real men can play disc golf with a poodle, Beans Roc's

#9 ralph vickers

ralph vickers

Premium Member

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

The pak for the Ice Bowl will indeed be a pizza peel disc and ice bowl mini. There is also a players pak for donations of 75.00 plus and includes an Ice Bowl disc and mini, cap, towel, sanding block, sharpie, pencils , score cards and whatever else i can round up. Worth the price if you ask me....So if you played in multiple events, or can get someone to donate some cash, we will give you a bonus for the effort.   Any Questions feel free to call me at 704-488-8108   Ralph

ralph

#10 hueyman2

hueyman2

Premium Member

• Root Admin
  • 3,482 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Insects

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

If you have an estimate by tomorrow, I can get boxes of bandaids, 1 per players pack, maybe..  Depends on how many you might need. 

Ace x 14 - #1 Bradford 2/15/2012 Glow TB, Ace x 13 - #11A Bailey Star Firebird, Ace x 12 - #17 Bailey Glow TB
Ace x 11 #1 Parma - 2011 Worlds Rochester NY. $222 Ace Pool.
Play Glow at Bailey Road Park, Mondays, 8:30 sign in, Random Doubles, $5

PLAY at Bailey, Nevin, and Stumpy Creek

#11 ralph vickers

ralph vickers

Premium Member

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Anyone who has any old merch that they want to off load for the CTPs let me know. Pete G. gave me a few sweet disc and I am getting lots of restaurant stuff as well. I am not picky, small stuff is really cool to throw in as well as disc. Ralph  

ralph

#12 hueyman2

hueyman2

Premium Member

• Root Admin
  • 3,482 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Insects

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

I'll just make up some CTP's, 6 of them. Not sure if I will be there for singles. We gonna do CTP's for doubles?
Ace x 14 - #1 Bradford 2/15/2012 Glow TB, Ace x 13 - #11A Bailey Star Firebird, Ace x 12 - #17 Bailey Glow TB
Ace x 11 #1 Parma - 2011 Worlds Rochester NY. $222 Ace Pool.
Play Glow at Bailey Road Park, Mondays, 8:30 sign in, Random Doubles, $5

PLAY at Bailey, Nevin, and Stumpy Creek

#13 ralph vickers

ralph vickers

Premium Member

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

No CTPs on Sunday. I try to make sure I have all holes covered at Ice Bowl. If I end up with some leftovers I can make a few for Sunday, but they have to be doubles .   Ralph

ralph

#14 Schleppy

Schleppy

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 736 posts
  • Interests:Keeping Bradford one of the cleanest courses in the area.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Cash only on the mulligans? No canned foods for the cause? Thanks!
Bradford Brigade

#15 Powers

Powers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Snake side-stepping, returning lost discs, mourning Brackett's back nine

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

For the Sunday Doubles, do we sign up online or do we just sign up at Winget? Thanks

Aces hit: 2
Cricket players hit: 2

#16 hogleggbob

hogleggbob

Premium Member

• Members
  • 1,925 posts
  • Interests:DALLAS COWBOYS FOOTBALL, COOKING, BEER, MUSIC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

aces x 20
black aces x 1 pdga#40795
JUST SAY NO TO 5-SOMES...

#17 ralph vickers

ralph vickers

Premium Member

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Cash for mulligans
ralph

#18 tom12003

tom12003

Old Tom

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • Interests:DG, life, and happiness

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

The 7-day forecast for the Ice Bowl is in the 60s! I guess no ice.

I haven't seen it anywhere--tournament HQ (for registration, etc.) will be at the Pavilion between holes 14 and 15 and parking will probably be easier on the tot-lot/school side.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

#19 bhadella

bhadella

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

What's the yardage on the extra holes?  I'd like to know if I should take drivers out of my bag for the rounds (I hate carry extra weight for a double round). 

#20 Beas

Beas

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Things that make you say "Hum?"

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

What's the yardage on the extra holes?  I'd like to know if I should take drivers out of my bag for the rounds (I hate carry extra weight for a double round). 

Are you kidding me!! What ever disc you play the rest of the course with will be what you need for the extra holes. If you still are not sure go look at them the day of.

Only real men can play disc golf with a poodle, Beans Roc's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users